FirstBIKE® is a new balance bike designed specifically for children between two and five years.
Balance bikes are the best way to introduce children to cycling whilst fostering a love of riding at the same time. Children develop balance naturally themselves increasing their confidence and ability to ride further. Having learnt on a balance bike children transition smoothly to a pedal cycle.
FirstBIKE was designed by Ralf Coerschulte, an avid German cyclist, product designer, and father of three, with one goal: to build the safest and best balance bike for young children, allowing them to learn to ride a bike intuitively and without stress.
After years of fine-tuning and testing, Ralf succeeded in creating a unique product that is deemed to be the safest in its category. Thanks to its glass fibre injection-molded composite material which is strong and flexible you can also enjoy year round cycling with FirstBIKE with no risk of scratching, splintering, swelling or rust!
To see FirstBIKE in action, click here.
- FirstBIKE Safety Features
- Rear drum SafetyStop brake that ensures very gentle and gradual braking (adjustable).
- Steering limiter that helps the child control the bike and prevent falls.
- Horse saddle seat to ensure a child does not slip off when riding downhill.
- No sharp edges, no protruding screws and sealed bearings to protect little fingers.
- Flexible lightweight high-tech frame for shock-absorption to protect the child’s spine.
- Extremely light – less than 4kg / 8.6 pounds, flexible and strong.
- Winner of a number of US and European awards including Creative Child Magazine Product of the Year Award.
- Available in 10 colours – blue, pink, green, red, violet, light blue, orange, silver, and special edition limited blue and limited orange.
- 5 models to choose from – Basic (indoor use, no brake) £69.99, Street (tyres for the street) £94.99, Cross (tyres for off-road) £94.99, Racing (hybrid tyres for any surface) £109.99 and Limited (special edition colours and hybrid tyres for any surface) £119.99.
Additional Features continued:
- Specifically designed for children between 2 and 5 – optional LowKit available for toddlers between 22 and 30 months.
- Lifetime warranty on the frame and fork and a 5-year warranty on all other parts.
- Adjustable seat height with no tools.
- Inflatable Schwalbe tires of superior quality.
- Accessories from £8.99 up – choose from pink, blue, red or black baskets and a wide variety of bells.
FirstBIKE costs £69.99 – £119.99 and is available direct from www.first-bike.uk. To view the full range of bikes visit: www.first-bike.uk
FirstBIKE Worldwide is headquartered in The Netherlands and has EU-supervised manufacturing facilities in Taiwan. All bikes are CE compliant and meet or exceed all EU and U.S. safety standards.